How to get FSSAI license: A Complete Guide
What is FSSAI License?
FSSAI is an autonomous body in charge of maintaining food safety through supervision and regular checks. The FSSAI license is issued to food business operators across the country and indicates that the establishment follows the prescribed safety standards.
Do I Need to Register for FSSAI License?
If you are a food business operator of any scale, be it a small, medium or large establishment, you need to register for the FSSAI license. It indicates that your food is safe for people to consume and meets the standards set by the authority. For better hygiene and safeguarding of public health, it is necessary to register for FSSAI license.
Types of FSSAI Licenses
Before moving on to the procedure for FSSAI license registration, you need to figure out which category your company falls under based on the annual turnover. This will help you decide which type of FSSAI license you need to apply for.
|Basic Registration License||Up to Rs. 12 lakh|
|State License||Rs. 12 lakh to Rs. 20 crore|
|Central License||Over Rs. 20 crore|
For more information on the types of FSSAI licenses, visit our article on the same!
How to Apply for FSSAI License?
The registration process varies depending on what scale your business is in. Here’s a quick summary!
- The first step, as mentioned above, is to find out whether you are eligible for a basic, state, or central license.
- For basic registration, you need to fill Form A, sign it, and keep a hard and soft copy ready.
- For state and central licenses, you need to fill Form B.
- Once the appropriate FSSAI registration form is filled and the required documents are submitted, you have to wait for 7 days to verify the information provided. At the end of 7 days, you will know whether your application has been accepted or rejected.
- Once your application has been accepted, you will be issued the FSSAI certificate. This will contain your photo and the registration number for your establishment.
- The FSSAI certificate must be displayed at your establishment at all times.
The process is not as simple as it sounds, as there is a lot going on behind the scenes. With Saryu Business solutions, you don’t have to worry about that! We take care of the entire FSSAI registration and application process, giving you a hassle-free, seamless experience.
Contact us now to get your FSSAI License!
Things to keep in Mind
There are several things to keep in mind before, during, and after your FSSAI registration process.
1. Account Validity
Your FSSAI account is valid for only 30 days, within which you need to complete and submit the form. The account will be automatically deactivated after 30 days.
2. Registration Process
You need to complete the FSSAI registration in one go. Failure to do so results in an incomplete form that will be rejected. This means you will have to repeat the process all over again.
3. FSSAI License Renewal
The maximum validity for all types of FSSAI licenses is 5 years and the minimum is 1 year. You need to apply for renewing your license 30 days before the expiry date. It is up to you to decide for what period you want your license to be renewed, the minimum duration being 1 year.
For more questions on FSSAI licenses, or to get your FSSAI license with expert help, contact Saryu Business Solutions now!